Skip to Main Content


Skip Nav Destination

Precision Medicine and Biomarkers

Clinical or translational studies aimed at optimally matching patients to treatments, including biomarkers and resistance mechanisms

Latest in Precision Medicine and Biomarkers
Qingru Hu, Yiting Wang et al.
Desmoplastic reaction (DR) is one of many tumor-host interactions and is associated with the overall survival (OS) of patients with colorectal cancer (CRC). However, the clinical significance of DR requires further study in large multicenter cohorts and its predictive value in adjuvant chemotherapy (ACT) response remains ...
Siwei Wang, Zhijun Xia et al.
Currently, approximately 30%–55% of the patients with non–small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) develop recurrence due to minimal residual disease (MRD) after receiving surgical resection of the tumor. This study aims to develop an ultrasensitive and affordable fragmentomic assay for MRD detection in patients with NSCLC. A total ...
Ritu Chaudhary, Robbert J.C. Slebos et al.
Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) has one of the most hypoxic and immunosuppressive tumor microenvironments (TME) among solid tumors. However, there is no proven therapeutic strategy to remodel the TME to be less hypoxic and proinflammatory. In this study, we classified tumors according to a Hypoxia-Immune ...
John B Finlay, Ralph Abi Hachem et al.
Olfactory neuroblastoma is a rare tumor arising from the olfactory cleft region of the nasal cavity. Due to the low incidence of this tumor, as well as an absence of established cell lines and murine models, understanding the mechanisms driving olfactory neuroblastoma pathobiology has been challenging. Here, we sought to ...
Vasu R. Sah, Henrik Jespersen et al.
Patients with metastatic uveal melanoma have limited therapeutic options and high mortality rate so new treatment options are needed.
Vallijah Subasri, Nicholas Light et al.
Li-Fraumeni syndrome (LFS) is an autosomal dominant cancer-predisposition disorder. Approximately 70% of individuals who fit the clinical definition of LFS harbor a pathogenic germline variant in the TP53 tumor suppressor gene. However, the remaining 30% of patients lack a TP53 variant and even among variant TP53 ...
Sandrina Nóbrega-Pereira, Francisco Santos et al.
Most cancer-related deaths are due to metastases. Systemic factors, such as lipid-enriched environments [as low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol], favor breast cancer, including triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) metastasis formation. Mitochondria metabolism impacts TNBC invasive behavior but its involvement in a ...
Mushriq Al-Jazrawe, Steven Xu et al.
The interaction between neoplastic and stromal cells within a tumor mass plays an important role in cancer biology. However, it is challenging to distinguish between tumor and stromal cells in mesenchymal tumors because lineage-specific cell surface markers typically used in other cancers do not distinguish between the ...
Esmee P. Hoefsmit, Franziska Völlmy et al.
The response rates upon neoadjuvant immune checkpoint blockade (ICB) in stage III melanoma are higher as compared with stage IV disease. Given that successful ICB depends on systemic immune response, we hypothesized that systemic immune suppression might be a mechanism responsible for lower response rates in late-stage ...
Niki Gavrielatou, Ioannis Vathiotis et al.
Programmed cell death protein‐1 (PD-1)-targeted immunotherapy is approved for recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (R/M HNSCC) treatment. Although its efficacy correlates with PD-L1 expression, response is limited even among positive cases. We employed digital spatial profiling (DSP) to discover ...
Close Modal

or Create an Account

Close Modal
Close Modal