Eneda Toska, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
The Oncogenic PI3K-Induced Transcriptomic Landscape Reveals Key Functions in Splicing and Gene Expression Regulation
Cancer Research June 2022.
The Cancer Research Early Career Award
The Cancer Research Early Career Award recognizes outstanding early career investigators who have authored peer-reviewed, original articles published in Cancer Research that have made a significant impact in one or more of the fields represented by the Journal.
- Applicants must be the first or corresponding author of an article published in Cancer Research in 2022 or 2023
- Applicants must hold an appointment as Assistant Professor or equivalent, and their Cancer Research article must be published within 12 years of receiving their PhD/MD
- Applicants for last year's award may reapply, provided they still meet the above criteria
Nominations by a mentor, senior investigator, or institutional official (for example, department chair, dean, provost, or president) will be accepted until Friday, January 5, 2024. To nominate an individual for an Early Career Award, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The title and author list, DOI, or PMID of the article published in Cancer Research
- Name, position, institution, professional address, phone, and email of the candidate
- Name, position, institution, professional address, phone, and email of the nominator
- Letter of nomination (up to 2 pages or 1500 words)
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
Award Recipient Selection:
A committee of scientists named by the Cancer Research Editor-in-Chief will select the Award winner each year. The Award winner will be selected based on the committee’s evaluation of their published article (originality; scientific impact; overall significance as measured by citations and other publication metrics over a one-year period prior to Award consideration), curriculum vitae, and nomination letter. The awardee will be notified by Wednesday, January 31, 2024.
Selection Committee: Dr. George Prendergast, Dr. Carlo M. Croce, Dr. Joan S. Brugge, Dr. Joe W. Gray, Dr. Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, Dr. Bert Vogelstein, Dr. Karen H. Vousden
The Award recipient will be invited to the Journals Reception and Scientific Achievement Awards Recognition Dinner that take place during the AACR Annual Meeting. A cash prize of $1,500 and a certificate will be given to the awardee.
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
2022: Katherine B. Chiappinelli
2021: Sarah J. Hill
2020: Cullen Taniguchi
2019: Mandar D. Muzumdar