Katherine B. Chiappinelli, PhD
The George Washington University Cancer Center
2022 Cancer Research Early Career Award
The AACR is excited to announce the Cancer Research Early Career Award, recognizing outstanding early career investigators who have authored peer-reviewed, original articles published in Cancer Research that have made a significant impact in one or more of the fields represented by the Journal.
- Applicants must be the first or last author of an article published in Cancer Research in 2021 or 2022
- Applicants must hold an appointment as Assistant Professor or equivalent, and their Cancer Research article must be published within 12 years of receiving their PhD/MD
- Applicants for last year’s award may re-apply, provided they still meet the above criteria
Nominations by a mentor, senior investigator, or institutional official (for example, department chair, dean, provost or president) will be accepted until January 6, 2023. To nominate an individual for an Early Investigator Award, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The title and author list, DOI, or PMID of the article published in Cancer Research
- Name, position, institution, professional address, phone, and email of the candidate
- Name, position, institution, professional address, phone, and email of the nominator
- Letter of nomination (up to 2 pages or 1500 words)
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
Award Recipient Selection:
A committee of scientists named by the Cancer Research Editor-in-Chief will select the Award winner each year. The Award winner will be selected based on the committee’s evaluation of their published article (originality; scientific impact; overall significance as measured by citations and other publication metrics over a one-year period prior to Award consideration), curriculum vitae, and nomination letter. The awardee will be notified by January 31, 2023.
Selection Committee: Dr. George Prendergast, Dr. Carlo M. Croce, Dr. Joan S. Brugge, Dr. Joe W. Gray, Dr. Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, Dr. Bert Vogelstein, Dr. Karen H. Vousden
The Cancer Research Early Career Award recipient and co-authors will be invited to the Publications Reception that takes place during the AACR Annual Meeting. While funding will not be provided to attend the Annual Meeting, a $1,500 cash prize and a certificate will be given to the Award recipient.
For questions, please email email@example.com.