Cancer Prevention Research recently updated its scope statement and named 10 subareas of primary interest to the journal. This collection features articles published from October 2020 to February 2021 that represent 6 of those key subareas: risk factors; early detection; preclinical cancer prevention; clinical cancer prevention; implementation science; and health policy and global cancer control. The editors consider these to be "must-read" pieces that are highly relevant to the journal’s mission and core interests.
- Multi-omics Analysis Reveals Adipose–tumor Crosstalk in Patients with Colorectal Cancer
Andreana N. Holowatyj…Cornelia M. Ulrich Cancer Prevention Research October 2020.
Spotlight Commentary: How Does Obesity Drive Human Carcinogenesis? Challenges in Dissecting the Mechanisms of Adipose–Epithelial Signaling
Victor G. Vogel…Dean E. Brenner Cancer Prevention Research October 2020.
- THBS2/CA19-9 Detecting Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma at Diagnosis Underperforms in Prediagnostic Detection: Implications for Biomarker Advancement
Shirsa Udgata…Kenneth S. Zaret Cancer Prevention Research Feburary 2021.
Preclinical Cancer Prevention
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibition is Safe and Effective for Liver Cancer Prevention in a Mouse Model of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Andrew S. Chung…Hao Zhu Cancer Prevention Research November 2020.
Spotlight Commentary: Cancer Immunoprevention: Challenges and Potential Opportunities for Use of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
Altaf Mohammed…Shizuko Sei Cancer Prevention Research November 2020.
Clinical Cancer Prevention
- Effect of Low-dose and Standard-dose Aspirin on PGE2 Biosynthesis Among Individuals with Colorectal Adenomas: A Randomized Clinical Trial
David A. Drew…Andrew T. Chan Cancer Prevention Research October 2021.
- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention: Use and Views of Australian Women and Their Clinicians
Courtney Macdonald…Kelly-Anne Phillips Cancer Prevention Research January 2021.
Spotlight Commentary: Implementation of Risk-reducing Strategies for Breast Cancer is Long Overdue
Victor G. Vogel Cancer Prevention Research January 2021.
Health Policy and Global Cancer Control
- The Performance of Colorectal Cancer Screening in Brazil: The First Two Years of the Implementation Program in Barretos Cancer Hospital
Denise Peixoto Guimarães…Edmundo Carvalho Mauad Cancer Prevention Research Feburary 2021.