patientACCESS® is a program that provides patients and caregivers with low- or no-cost access to medical research articles. The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is pleased to participate in this initiative and offers caregivers, patients, and their family members free access to the most important new journal articles about cancer research and treatments through the AACR's online journal content.
How It Works
If a patient or a caregiver discovers an abstract of an article in one of the AACR journals and wishes to read the full text of the article selected, he or she can click on the "full text" button appearing on the webpage of the article, which will lead to a log-in page.
If you are a patient or caregiver with an interest in researching a particular type of cancer or its treatment, follow the steps listed below to receive full-text versions of the articles of interest:
- Click on the patientACCESS® link directly below the journal's sign in box. This will direct you to a Copyright Clearance Center RightsLink page.
- On the Copyright Clearance Center RightsLink® page, click on the Continue button at the bottom.
- Click on the Create Account link. You can use this account to access articles from all of AACR's journals.
- Type your e-mail address as your User ID and create your password.
- Fill in your name and select Individual Account as the Account Type.
- Fill out the form and check that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Continue to review your order.
- Once you have reviewed and confirmed your information, click Accept.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after. Within 24 hours of this you will receive the AACR journal article in PDF format via e-mail.
If you have any questions, please contact the AACR Publications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 29 January 2013 8:30 am EST