CME Credits for Reviewers
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) now offers continuing medical education (CME) credit for peer review of manuscripts submitted to all AACR journals. Peer reviewers may request up to 3 AMA Physician's Recognition Award Category 1 Credits™, depending on the time spent conducting each review.
To increase your chances of being chosen as a reviewer, please update your SmartSubmit profile today.
All manuscripts submitted to AACR journals are evaluated using the AACR's online manuscript review system. The following resources are available to reviewers to assist them in using the system:
- Online Manuscript Review System Access the login screen for each journal:
- Reviewer Expertise Classifications Make sure you don't receive manuscripts that are not in your area:
- Instructions: Reviewing Manuscripts Online Download instructions for using the online manuscript review system.
- Download the list of AACR Reviewer Classification Terms used to classify your expertise
- Identify the terms that are relevant to you
- Log in to the SmartSubmit online manuscript review system for the AACR journal (listed above)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the "Modify Profile/Password" link
- Select the relevant terms to update your reviewer profile
Additional Reviewer Resources
- PubMed. Access Medline to look up manuscripts in the References section of manuscripts.
- ICMJE Peer Review Guidelines. The International Committee of Medical Journal Editors provides guidelines on ethical peer review.